Updated: Jul 30, 2020
Serves: 6 patties
Time: 30 minutes prep, 1h10 cook time
- 300 g sweet potatoes, diced into small cubes (approx. one medium potato)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- ½ cup pecans (or walnuts)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cups cooked lentils (must be well cooked and soft)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (or ketchup, or half-and-half)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup oats
- ½ cup oat flour (if using a food processor, you can just pulse steel-cut oats into fine flour, or use breadcrumbs)
1- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2- On a large rack, drizzle the sweet potatoes, onions and nuts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 40 minutes, tossing the nuts and vegetables around halfway (after 20 minutes). Let cool.
3- Using a food processor, pulse the sweet potatoes, onions, nuts and remaining ingredients, with the exception of the oat flour and oats. Chop until coarse texture is obtained, but not completely smooth.
4- In a large bowl, add the oat flour and oats.
5- Separate into 6 large patties and cook for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Flip the patties and cook for another 15 minutes, until the top looks toasted.
6- Serve with bread and condiments of your choice.