Serves: 1 small pizza
Time : 20 minutes
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Italian spice blend (or your choice of dried oregano, basil or parsley)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp high quality pizza sauce (stick to the least amount of ingredients as possible)
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella di Bufala
- Fresh basil for garnish
1- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2- Mix almond flour, oil, egg, spices and garlic powder together until a dough forms (this can easily be done manually). Compact the dough into a ball. Roll out to desired thickness between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Transfer the crust on the parchment paper to a pizza pan. Poke a few times with a toothpick to prevent bubbling. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden.
3- Remove the crust from the oven and let cool slightly. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
4- Top pizza crust with pizza sauce and fresh mozzarella. Bake for an extra 5 to 10 minutes, checking every few minutes for cheese consistency. Remove, top with fresh basil and enjoy!